Dear 8th Grade Parents and Guardians
Here is the information regarding your child’s 8th Grade Promotion:
● 8th Grade Promotion Tuesday, June 1, 2021, at 6:00 pm in the High School Gym or TBA
(please note -- at this time FMS has not submitted a formal plan to the Missoula County Health
Department -- I expect approval for 4 to 6 guests per student promoted. It is also expected that
face masks and social distancing will be required). Promotion rehearsal will be completed by
2:00 pm if you would like to check your child out after rehearsal. The promotion ceremony will be
able to be viewed via zoom/google meets.
● 8th Grade Activity Day --Wednesday, June 2, 2021, at City Life in Missoula -- We have rented
out space from 9:00 am to 1:00 pm on this day for the students. Students will have access to
Reball, basketball courts, and many more activities. Students are allowed to be picked up by
parents at 2:30 pm upon arrival at the school. This will be an optional activity for students to
Things needed for graduation:
● Baby Pictures/8th Grade Pictures: Please send to the following email address by Friday, May
14, 2021 --- email@example.com -- Please put the name of the student in the subject line.
● Fundraising: We will not be doing the Walk-a-thon this year to fundraise. We would like to
purchase a couple of items for the students entering high school and help cover the rental at City Life Community Center. We would like each graduate to bring in $25.00 to help cover the cost. Any left-over funds will be put in their class account and follow up to the High School. Make checks payable to Frenchtown Schools or bring in the exact amount of cash to the Middle School Office. If you can not afford this please contact me via email: firstname.lastname@example.org
● Dress Code for promotion: We ask that students follow the school dress code for the promotion ceremony and look as nice as possible for this occasion. Parents/Guardians, please do not feel obligated to purchase formal attire for this event. Stay tuned for more information as we power through this year. I am super proud of this 8th-grade class and all that they have accomplished!
Let me know if you have any questions.
Middle School Principal